Get your lawn chairs, blankets and picnic baskets ready. Another season of movies and music at Bayliss Park in Council Bluffs is upon us.
Music in the Park will be held on Wednesdays, starting June 12, until July 24. Movies in the Park will be held on Fridays and start on June 14, running through July 26. There will be no events the week of Independence Day.
The concert and movie series is hosted by Pottawattamie Arts Culture & Entertainment. TS Bank is a sponsor of both series.
“We are delighted to be part of this innovative and transformational initiative and what it will mean for the arts in our local community,” said Kelsey Stupfell, director of community reinvestment for TS Banking Group.
The music lineup offers plenty of variety. Party with The Confidentials, have a country jam with Kaylyn Sahs and swell with pride listening to the Omaha Big Band on military night. Blues, country and Latin are among the other genres that will fill the air at the park, located at 100 Pearl Street.
And on Friday nights the movie lineup is stacked, and starts strong on June 14 – “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse” was among the best movies of 2018, a reality bending, visually stunning adventure that is really just an amazing film. Go watch it.
From there it’s a mix of classics and contemporary family films. Don’t miss Alfred Hitchcock’s “North by Northwest.”
Here’s a look at the full lineup of great music and great movies from PACE:
2019 Music in the Park Lineup – Wednesdays at 6:30 p.m.
- June 12 – Pam & the Pearls (cover band)
- June 19 – Kaylyn Sahs (country pop)
- June 26 – The Confidentials (party music)
- July 10 – Marcos & Sabor (Latin flavor)
- July 17 – Omaha Big Band (military night)
- July 24 – Blue House with Rent to Own Horns (blues)
- June 14 – “Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse,” 2018 | Rated PG | 117 minutes (family, animated)
- June 21 - “Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory,” 1971 | PG | 118 minutes (adventure, family, comedy)
- June 28 – “Zootopia,” 2016 | PG | 108 minutes (animation, adventure, comedy)
- July 12 - “North by Northwest,” 1959 | NR | 136 minutes (adventure, mystery, thriller)
- July 19 - “Inside Out,” 2015 | PG | 102 minutes (animation, adventure, comedy)
- July 26 – “Coco,” 2017 | PG | 109 minutes (animation, adventure, comedy)
Oh, and keep an eye out for the TS Bank booth at the Music in the Park events from June 19 to July 24. Stop by and say hello!
Photos courtesy of Pottawattamie Arts Culture & Entertainment.
About TS Bank: TS Bank’s mission is to Ignite Prosperity® in the communities it serves. Leading the resurgence of community banking, TS Bank reinvests 10% of their net income locally; hosting educational events and partners with local organizations and non-profits. Treynor State Bank was chartered in 1923 and branded to TS Bank in 2005. TS Bank has $384 million in assets, along with the largest Iowa state-chartered C-Corp trust department west of Des Moines at nearly $245 million in assets named TS Prosperity Group. Branch locations include Treynor, Macedonia, Atlantic, Corning and Council Bluffs, Iowa. For more information visit tsbank.com.